Sunday, February 28, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #240: WATERCOLOR RESIST


Oh my goodness, I went a little crazy with this week's MIM at Papertrey Ink!  I had never done this technique before and found myself watching videos of all different watercolor resist techniques.  For my cards, I did use the technique Lexi showed us in her Make It Monday video.  I had so much fun experimenting and now I have extra panels to use on future cards.

Here are most of the panels I created.  I had a few more that didn't get photographed;)

These were made by drizzling the rubber cement from the large brush then watercoloring after the glue dried.  I wanted white for my resist areas so I didn't water color the paper first.

After playing with the rubber cement brush, I decided to use an old paint brush.  I "wrote" on my panels with the smaller paint brush to get finer lines so I could attempt more controlled images.

This is the card I made by die cutting the pretty sections from the first three panels.
Oh so fun, Y'all!
I want to get this posted before church this morning, so I will save the other cards I made from the panels for later;)

Craft mightily,
Jeni Jenne

10 comments:

  1. Jeni Jenne! what a wonderful name!! : ) and what a wonderful card you made from your water color resist papers!! Who would have thought this technique could result in such beautiful projects!! I liked it before but after seeing what others have done I LOVE it!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flowers you created with the technique!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty pretty flowers! i love all of your panels - the glue writing is particularly cool. thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Patti, I love your name too! Your post made me smile , I love MIM too, always fun to learn or be reminded of fun techniques . What a great collection of cards you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had loads of fun with this challenge. Your watercolored flowers are so sweet in those colors!
    ps... I love the scripture you chose for your blog header!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! I love how you used the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really pretty flowers, Jeni. Love all the panels you created and 'wrote' on.
    PS: Please stop by my blog to read about a fun new challenge starting soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how your papers turned out & they were perfect for the die cuts! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete