Friday, February 19, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #239: CUSTOMIZING PATTERNED PAPER

Oh, happy day when I get on the PTI website and discover a Make It Monday on a Wednesday!!  I loved Lizzie's tutorial and I agree with most of you that I will not look at patterned paper the same way again!  I made two cards altering the patterned paper differently on each.  My first card mostly follows Lizzie's design by adding dots to the open circles of the Vintage Jadeite and White linen paper. You can see her card in the link above.  I am working on some St. Patrick's Day treats for my sister, so I thought I would add a card to the mix.

(All products Papertrey Ink)

Stamps:  Sketched Shapes and Tag-It's #1
Paper:  Stamper's Select, Vintage Jadeite + White Basics, and New Leaf
Ink:  Vintage Jadeite, New Leaf, and Ripe Avocado
Dies:  Sentiment Splits:  Angle Vertical and Wet Paint Cuts


I wasn't very happy with the card above, so I made a second one following a design I have always loved from Danielle Flanders.  I love her work.  It's so uninhibited and whimsical!  You can see her card here;)  I came up with this by combining two of her designs from Betsy Veldman's Make It Market Kit from June 2014;)  I added the tone on tone stamping to the patterned paper.

(All products Papertrey Ink unless noted)

Stamps:  Beautiful Brushstrokes, Beautiful Brushstrokes Sentiments & Additions, and Blessed by Simon Says Stamp
Paper:  Stamper's Select, Beautiful Brushstrokes Patterned Paper Collection
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf, Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and True Black
Dies:  Beautiful Brushstrokes
Other:  Washi tape (unknown)

Gotta run back to my craft room with some coffee... get creative, my friends!  Enjoy the rest of your week, Jeni Jenne

15 comments:

  1. Your cards are so different from each other. The second one is so very lovely in tone and design. Somehow I've never noticed Beautiful Brushworks before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did Beautiful Brushstrokes proud! And what a lovely bg! Tone on tone works perfectly with the gorgeous blooms! And the St. Patty's Day card is one you'll sis will love! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful, but I love the flower arrangement and the subtle message in the second card! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the simplicity of your 1st card Jeni, but oh my, your second card is just gorgeous! And I can definitely see Danielle's influence on that card too! I have that set also, but hardly ever use it and don't know why...your card has inspired me though and I need to get it out!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the designs! One can never go wrong with polka dots or flowers. The second card is beautiful. I should have purchased Beautiful Brushstrokes. Lovely designs, Jeni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are pretty cards, Jeni! I especially love your Beautiful Brushstrokes number with the tone on tone stamping on the patterned paper. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards!! Love the Brushstroke flowers and the St. Patty's Day card is way fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This inspired me to bust out he beautiful brushstroke set. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think both cards are awesome, Jeni. Beautiful Brushstroke images are so pretty and your colors are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your second card. Love how you repeated the sentiment as the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your St. Patrick's day card, I think it is so clever...and of course doing anything that Danielle does is going to be awesome!! thank you for leaving a sweet message regarding this week's MIM...you were intrigued by the Fineline Masking Fluid Pen. I am sure I bought it when I NEEDED it for a class...maybe the masking Online Card Class? you can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Fineline-Masking-Fluid-Gauge-Ounces/dp/B00756MWCG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456268061&sr=8-1&keywords=fineline+masking+fluid+pen

    ReplyDelete