Wednesday, January 20, 2016

MAKE IT MONDAY #237: MATCHBOOK VALENTINES

Hello, Crafty Friends!

I am happy to be getting back into my craft room and playing along with this week's MIM.  I actually participated in last week's Create Along with Us but didn't get my project posted.  I am adding it right after this matchbook valentine:)

Laurie's video on Papertrey's blog challenged us to create a valentine project.  The technique she demonstrates can be used for many other occasions as well.  You can check out her video on how to create a matchbook valentine here.

Matchbook Valentine
(all products are Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)

Paper:  Vintage Jadeite and Stamper's Select White
Stamps:  Be Mine, Valentine
Dies:  Be Mine Valentine, Double Ended Banners, and Stitched Circles (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Vintage Jadeite, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet, and True Black
I used the set called Be Mine, Valentine that was released last month.  I have been having fun making treat boxes for my sister's classroom using this set as well.  I will post those, too, when I finish them!  She teaches special education and her students love getting homemade goodies;)



As I stated earlier, I made a project from one of the MANY ideas the Papertrey Ink design team displayed during the January 2015 release.  I was inspired by a sweet drawstring bag Laurie made from the new coin purse die.  Here is the project she created.





I used a drawstring bag and paper from Papertrey Ink.  The apple was cut on my Cricut using the Home Accents cartridge.  I have always been found of the Stitched Seasonal dies from PTI, but haven't purchased the apple yet;)


Anyway, there you have it!  Two projects for two Mondays;)

Enjoy your time crafting!
Jeni Jenne

15 comments:

  1. Great projects. Darling Valentine matchbook. Cute drawstring pouch. I ordered the die and awaiting delivery. A fellow teacher has my package but it was held up due to snow today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute projects - i love the colors on your matchbook and i need that camera and sentiment!! thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lexi, oh my goodness, I apologize! I knew this was your Make it Monday, but I gave the credit to Laurie in my post above. You definitely challenged us with such a fun project this week and should get all the credit for your efforts;)

      Delete
  3. Oh wow--terrific projects! Your little bag is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects! What a bonus coming here to find not one but two inspiring projects! I love the camera on your little matchbook and that gift bag is as sweet as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! The camera is perfect with the sentiment. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute matchbook and absolutely adorable gift bag...love both of them!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both projects are so adorable. Love your unexpected colour combination for your Valentine - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both your projects! Love that Be Mine stamp set--wish I could have ordered that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeni, the matchbook card and gift bag are such sweet projects! TFS your fun ideas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous ABC projects -- love the matchbook

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweet prjects, like the fresh look and colors of your matchbook, and a cute bag!

    ReplyDelete